~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Kids~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, December 27, 2013

Update and Clarification

It has been weighing on my mind that our Bittersweet Announcement came across as a way to bring attention to my grief.  The fact that I was still on prescription pain meds probably didn't help with clarity of the post. LOL  Of course I am grieving, but there was  more than one reason for writing. I felt it was important to put it out there because so many feel like they can't share about miscarriage. Like it's a taboo subject.  It's amazing how many women come out of the woodwork when you have a loss, letting you know they too know how it feels. :(   To that point, there are a LOT of women that have gone through a miscarriage. I am no one special. It will be difficult but I will move on.

The main reason for my post was to acknowledge that I had not been true to my beliefs. I had purposely hidden this baby from most everyone because of comments from other people. Once the baby was gone it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was ashamed of myself. I felt like I had let this child down. As a mother I am supposed to be there for my children no matter what. What have I done?  Those were the thoughts that ran through my head that day.  So that post was my way of standing up for my child. To show that I was not ashamed. 

While I don't intentionally want to hurt anyone and cause strife, I also will no longer apologize for being happy to have children. I will not tip-toe around for fear of offending someone. If they have a problem with it, that is between them and God.  What our family chooses is between my husband, myself and God.

Have a blessed day! ~Tammy

No comments: