~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Kids~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, January 6, 2012

Do you like to drink pink ink?

We don't drink pink ink here. Red dye #40 is not allowed at this house. We found out about the evils of this yucky food dye when Ellie was about 2 years old. We call it The Great Cherry Jello Episode of 2004. That's a whole 'nother post in and of itself. "Why do you mention pink ink?" you ask.  Well.....

I'm not one of those fun moms. Really. I am all about prevention. We, the kids especially, mainly drink water. Currently it's for health reasons, but that wasn't always the case. I have always preferred them to drink water everywhere but the table because I don't want to clean up a huge spill of Coke.

We primarily use crayons and colored pencils for art. Yes we have markers and watercolors (I haven't ventured into other paints yet. That's what co-ops are for!) but those are kept high and out of reach of little hands. The few times the children have gotten a hold of a sharpie are documented on some closet walls.  You can actually catch a glimpse of some sharpie art in this post. It's so funny when they write their name on the wall and try to blame their younger sibling, who by the way can't write yet.

For Christmas Avrie and Evelyn received a cute little gift from someone who shall remain nameless. (You know who you are! LOL)  There were some crayons, stickers, stamps and an ink pad. A PINK ink pad. Your wheels are already turning aren't they?  I bet you are wondering which wall got stamped.

I must admit I had completely forgotten they had received this gift. When they opened it I had made a mental note to keep it in the craft closet and we could get it out for special occasions. Well, they must have thought it was really special too. They put their little stamp set in their treasure drawers in their bedroom. You see where this is going?












Here is what I found this morning.











Lovely isn't it?  No. I don't think the ink is washable. The box did say it washes off of MOST skin. Most skin? So what happens if your skin is not most skin?

Right next to this nice display of pink carpet was a certain little someone. Her initials are.......Evelyn Ann. Yep. That's my girl. Aren't three year olds fun? She had also used the stickers to decorate her face. It was actually pretty cute, but we had to go to piano lessons so I didn't capture that on film...err um memory space.

All I can say is thankfully we didn't put new carpet in recently. This pink stain goes fabulous with the other spots throughout the room.  I'm sure someday I will wish my house was packed full of pink stains and three year olds so I might as well enjoy it while I can.

Have a blessed day! ~Tammy

No comments: