~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Kids~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Carob Cake



Our family has basically been grain free since September.  We were invited to a birthday party for our nephew and I didn't want the kids to have to watch everyone eat birthday cake, so I decided to make my own!  I got the recipe from a wonderful support group for the SBP diet we are following. This recipe had carob powder, mashed baked sweet potatoes, eggs and some other ingredients.



Lovely farm fresh eggs, separated.

I beat the egg whites until stiff and then added the other ingredients.




Here is a  picture of the batter.  Notice the two little dollops of batter in the center?  I have never smoothed my cake batter out before.








Baking with no flour has a learning curve. LOL  Here is the cake when finished baking. The batter didn't settle. Woops!




Apparently Silas didn't mind that this was a flourless cake. ;-) 

Licking the bowl clean.

We did enjoy the cake but not at the party. After all that work, we went off a forgot the cake at home.  Thankfully, the kids didn't seem to mind.  It probably had something to do with the yummy homemade popsicles that we did remember.





Have a blessed day! ~Tammy

No comments: